Gillian is the Founder and Chief Operating Officer of 29studios, successful video marketing agency specialising in Video Campaigns and Presentation Toolkit that drive sales for your business through strategy, content, distribution and analytics.
Having started, grown, and exited a range of businesses over two decades, Gillian uses her skills and knowledge to guide her clients in successfully applying these Make Intelligent Video™ principles into their communications strategy, to maximise engagement and get results.
With a highly creative mind, Gillian has a natural ability to take complex ideas and translate them into simple, easy-to-understand messages. Working with businesses across the world, Gillian ensures that every video campaign delivered by 29studios is focussed allowing their clients to fully engage with their audiences.
“I started my entrepreneurial journey parallel to my husband Kev in 1998 when we were both 29, and we have been building and growing businesses together with a focus in the creative and technology arena. I am an experienced and dynamic Visual Communications Specialist innovating creative solutions for our incredible clients. Together we are a force to be reckoned with, spanning 3 decades we have a complementary skill set with a unique and highly innovative approach to business.”
- Having pivoted from the financial sector in the stock exchange in the late 1980s to unleashing my passion for sales and marketing within a global international labelling company, I found my desire for business.
- Over the years in business I have launched, grown and exited multiple entrepreneurial creative and technology ventures, including K3design, KGinteractive and Moviecom.TV from 1998 – 2012, with involvement of many high profile and innovative projects along the way.
- I was fortunate to be recognised as one of the 1999 Young Scot Business Achievers by Her Majesty The Queen at Holyrood, Edinburgh.
- I won a Global 100 Red Herring Award in Los Angeles in 2012 (for one of my previous start-ups which was the first online B2B online video platform in Scotland).
- I was invited to present our technology stack at the Google I/O 2012 in San Francisco by YouTube and made some truly awesome friends along the way.
- I have presented across the USA on both the West and East Coasts.
- I had a life changing adventure on a NASA Astronaut Leadership Programme whilst trekking across the Gobi Desert in Mongolia on a personal development experience in 2012 making “out of this world friends”.
- I’m proud to be Mission Discovery Video Partners with ISSET and Higher Orbits 2014/15.
- I’m currently exploring expansion opportunities in USA.
- I’ve had the privilege of launching and mentoring a successful start up and social enterprise, 29steps, with my daughter. Our aim is to become a leading intelligent video academy, training young people in filmmaking. We work with inspirational clients including Ocean Youth Trust Scotland, Beatson Cancer Charity, Turning Point Scotland, National Deaf Children Society, Street Soccer Scotland, and MACS.
- I was appointed as Board Director for Business for Scotland in 2015.
- I was appointed as an Advisory Board member of US not-for-profit Higher Orbits in 2015. We both share a vision for inspiring young people.
- My current goal whilst pioneering Make Intelligent Video™ is to change the business communication landscape as video has now become an essential business asset.
- Having already met five NASA astronauts, my final bucket list item is to visit the International Space Station to view our beautiful planet and see our world without borders.